Sunday, September 9, 2018

Paddle Cache


Day 331: I'm of two minds about the two dozen or more "paddle caches" on Lake St. Clair. Although I enjoy getting five stars from the terrain rating (it takes "special equipment," i.e., a water craft), it annoys me that almost every one of the caches was placed by the same cacher under any of several different accounts. Basically, she "owns" the lake, leaving no room for anyone else to place a hide there. Worse, because she uses a couple of different names for herself as well as acting as proxy for a small handful of other cachers, she also gets to claim each cache as a find for one or more of her alternate personas. She's quick to fill in any vacancies. The cache in the photo above was one of the earliest placed on the lake. When it went missing and its owner archived it, the glutton seized the moment and claimed the spot for her own. That said, I've retired from placing caches and only go out to find those which are either rated high for terrain or have some other particular appeal, so I'm reaping the rewards of her hoggishness at the same time I'm disparaging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment