Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Repeat At Random



Day 334: Another short weaving project done! The cover on my footstool was looking rather threadbare, so I dug into the scrap knitting worsted I usually reserve for stripes in hats and socks to see if I had enough to make a replacement. As I sorted through the colours, I began to see an autumn theme building, but many of the balls were quite small and I knew I wouldn't have enough for a true "check" pattern. About half the yarn was variegated (harder to incorporate into a scrap project). Then it hit me: a random check! The warp changes colour every ten threads, the weft every eight. I wove two lengths, so now I have a replacement on hand when this one wears out. The 3 x 5 card includes a sample for my weaving file.

No comments:

Post a Comment