Friday, October 19, 2018

Rimrocks



Day 6: It's been years since I hiked in this undeveloped county park. The last time I was here, I was geocaching with Kevin and as we were on our way up the trail, hoping for a "first to find," Kevin's phone rang. It was another geocaching friend who was hoping to meet up with us to go for the cache in honour of his birthday. Kevin and I immediately turned around and hiked back down to meet him on the lower trail. We found the cache, and I had not been back to Rimrock Park since, except to pick holly off a bush growing by the side of the road. That bush inspired today's trip. If there was one holly (and a berry-bearing one at that), there were bound to be others. Anybody sense an invasive plant report coming up here? You're right. That said, the only nasties I found were all holly, and only the one was in fruit. However, there were branches of the trail which I'd never explored, and heading off toward the gun club and the sound of rifle fire, I found this exquisite view of the Rimrocks. There are two questions for which I need answers. First, how was this formation made? Second, how did the high schoolers get up there to emblazon one face with E for Eatonville? I ran out of trail going either way. There must be a secret (and probably illegal) way to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment