Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Spinning Alpaca With Cousin Itt


Day 38: Alien life form? Rapunzel? Going overboard with Mo-vember? No, it's Cousin Itt, almost ready to start spinning some heavenly soft, long-staple alpaca/Romney blend, a whole pound of it purchased at the Ashford Christmas Bazaar. A friend had alerted me to the fact that there would be fiber-arts people there and the possibility of some fleece, so I showed up right at opening time, expecting to find spun yarns, weavings and maybe a little raw wool. What I did not expect was a wall of dyed and processed fibers, some in locks, some in roving. I fingered a lot of different types, trying to make a decision, but when the booth's proprietor made an offer of $30/pound for the alpaca blend, my budgetary resolve melted like ice cream on a hot sidewalk. I'm now officially up to my eyeballs in wool for spinning. Can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment