Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Bubble Tree

Day 66: Tonight's post is born out of desperation. Unaccustomed to a social life, I find that I have one suddenly. The fruit of several trees including the Park, Morris dancing and even fishing has ripened into a jam-packed schedule of visits, practices and performances to such an extent that after two nights of no more than four hours sleep each, when I dragged back through my door late this afternoon and sat down in my chair, my eyes closed and my head drooped and the world was left behind. I waked to find it after dark, with no hope of staging the photo I'd wanted even if the rain had not been coming down in buckets with bits of broken branches flying through the yard on gusty winds. "Ack!" I said in horror when my eyes came open. "I haven't got a blog shot!" There have only been two or three similar instances in my eight-plus year history of  daily blogging, so I cast about the room for anything worthwhile and settled on the Bubble Tree, a fossil from my equally prehistoric childhood. I had hoped to refrain from too many of the season's seemingly obligatory images of ornaments and yard decor, but there you have it. One week to go, and then the hectic holidays are behind us...for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment