Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Old Snow


Day 73: Another relic from my childhood, these snowflakes aren't quite as old as I am. They were produced in a time when products made of plastic weren't yet common in households, and the few items which were tended to be rather too breakable for everyday use. Most plastic stuff was ornamental, meant to be used until it broke and then tossed out, a convenience which set us to paving a slippery path with disposables. I think the original set contained a dozen, at least half of which were clear like this one, but there were colours as well. The red was transparent; pastel green, blue and pink were semi-opaque, and if there were duplicates of those, I do not recall them. I still have a total of nine: the four colours and five clear, at least one of which has been mended. I handle and pack them away with great care. Christmas memories are precious, and I wish many happy ones for you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment