Saturday, December 15, 2018

Special Gifts, Special Friends


Day 63: I think Santa must have decided I've been nice this year because I can't believe he dispatched two pair of special elves to the wrong address, not when their gifts were so obviously meant for me. "Flowering Plants and Ferns of Mount Rainier" came from my Team Biota partners Joe and Sharon; "Flora of Mount Rainier National Park" and "How to Identify Mushrooms to Genus" were brought to me this afternoon by Arnie and his wife Sara. The two plant books are old, and are therefore a ticket to a fantastic ride through the taxonomic forests of yesteryear. The mushroom book is magnificently illustrated to guide students of mycology through the differentiating features of fungal genera, in detail most field guides lack. I have many hours of brain-work ahead of me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment