Monday, February 18, 2019

Star Shower



Day 128: For as often as I have touted Hoya bella as the world's most forgiving houseplant, the combination of a hot, dry spell two summers ago and my neglectful watering resulted in a wilt from which mine couldn't recover. However, since I had spread the wealth by making starts from the original plant to distribute among my friends, one of them returned the favour and sent me a piece of hers. It has not been a spectacular flower producer, but I am grateful for each shower of Hoya "stars" emerging from its stems. I do have better success bringing it into bloom than with other plants in my Hoya collection, and its blooming period is intermittent with flowering occurring sporadically throughout most of the year as opposed to being confined exclusively to spring or summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment