Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Look What Followed Me Home!


Day 186: Today was "garden shopping day," so it was inevitable that something would follow me home in addition to the things scheduled to be purchased from my list. I've been haunting Watson's for the last month or so, waiting for them to get Osteospermum "Spoonflower" in, and it arrived somewhere between Friday and this morning. Mine was one of the first they'd sold, unlike once in the past when I missed them entirely. Spoonflower is a "must-have" for the pot at the end of the raspberry vines. Otherwise, I was looking for something to put in my hanging baskets. I like to change that up every year, although if nothing else catches my fancy, I default to petunias or Million Bells (a relative). I'd thought maybe I'd use annual fuchsias this year, but as I strolled along the aisles of possibilities, trailing begonias caught my eye. I purchased one with yellow flowers and green foliage for one basket, the other a plant with orange flowers and maroon foliage. I'll still need to get something for filler, but I'm happy with these as the central feature. As for the list, I now have four new pots waiting to be filled by a dwarf mulberry (on order), old gooseberries and new raspberries from one of the Morris dancers. We seem to be doing a raspberry rota this spring. I took another team member some of my Heritage everbearings last week. There are two bags of good soil waiting to fill the pots and five bags of bark mulch ready to spread. Then I'll be done for the year, time to put the shovel away and my feet up, ready to sit back and just watch things grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment