Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Spring Is Bustin' Out All Over


Day 172: Spring is bustin' out all over! The daffodils were still only in bud during the morning two days ago, but by afternoon, they'd thrown their jackets off and were welcoming mild temperatures with open petals. Grape hyacinths popped up a few days earlier, and I'm ashamed to admit that I hadn't noticed them until they started showing purple. The Hellebore recovered from being crushed beneath the yard glacier and surged quickly to the fore with a thick flush of flowers. And Spring urges are driving me to get my hands dirty. I'd pilfered a few flowering quince stems from a vacant lot last year and, after having been confined to buried pots for a year, they were ready to plant out. The raspberries are making leaves, the blueberries and kiwis likewise promising a harvest to tide me through next winter. Hurrah for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment