Monday, April 15, 2019

Team Work


Day 184: Thanks to my Team Biota botany partner Joe, my garden is roughly a third bigger than it was yesterday. It is also now framed by timbers as I had always wanted it to be, but could never manage to budget, if in fact I'd been able to find a means to transport them. While Joe busted more sod, I hauled away the piles he'd accumulated, and then after the plot had been expanded, we laid landscape cloth and rolled the timbers into place. I'll maintain the outer edge with the weed-eater, and will spread bark mulch in the interior as soon as I'm done planting. What's next? I have a dwarf mulberry on order, but will have to give the remaining open spaces some careful consideration, "jam fruits" being the only criterion presently in mind. One thing is certain: Joe is destined to reap a jammy reward for his labours.

No comments:

Post a Comment