Thursday, December 19, 2019

Christmas-Card Redtail


Day 67: A few days ago, I was making my Christmas deliveries and as I pulled into a friend's yard, I noticed this Red-tailed Hawk weighing down a lichen-covered fruit tree branch. As always, I had the camera handy, but the light was poor and the hawk was too far away to be within preferred zoom range. I've done quite a bit of post-processing on this image to bring out sufficient detail to confirm the identification, so the photo is not up to my usual standards. That said, most of you already know that I've been dealing with dental issues, so I wasn't able to get out into the field this week. Today, I am slated for a rather involved oral surgery and probably won't be feeling exactly chipper for a couple of weeks while I'm healing up. I intend to keep up my daily posts, but I beg your indulgence if they aren't up to par. Mr. Red-tail will have to suffice for a Christmas greeting since I'm unlikely to be out on any serious walks in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment