Saturday, December 14, 2019

Cinnamon Twist


Day 62: I'm loving my cinnamon twist, and we're not talking about bakery goods here. My current spinning project is moving along rapidly. The finished yarn is two-ply, slightly lighter than standard worsted. One ply is white Corriedale and the other, a cinnamon-hued lamb's-wool I refer to as "honey-lamb" for want of a more specific or descriptive name. The Corriedale fibers are long, straight and silky, while the fluffy cinnamon has a medium-grade crimp with a glossy finish. The second skein is still on the spindle, waiting to be measured and hung wet to set the twist. The first skein weighs 4.3 oz. and contains 167 yards of luxuriously soft yarn. Unlike most of my hand-spun wool, the future of "Cinnamon Twist" has been preordained. It will become a sweater for my personal use.

No comments:

Post a Comment