Sunday, February 23, 2020

I'm The Baby, Gotta Love Me



Day 133: They're getting braver, particularly the Chessies. I'd gone out to add birdseed to the feeders following my usual pattern: half the small seed in the nearest box, the remainder of the small seed in the farthest box and, using the same measuring cup, a scoop of black-oil seed on top of that, but in the amount of time it took to fill the cup with the sunflower seed and entirely unbeknownst to me, one of the 'dee-dees had already dived in. As I went to tip the cup into the tray, my little friend burst out the other side, indignant at having a hand interrupt his breakfast. He sat in the contorted filbert, scolding me while I filled the rest of the feeders, although his many companions who had not been personally affronted by my invasion flocked around me as I filled the rest of the feeders. With the exception of the Porch Parrots who will always be my favourites, I am more thrilled to have Chickadees than any other species of bird which visits my yard. It only took thirty years to entice them here from across the road...three decades, that's all. I think I'm justified in posting yet another Chickadee photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment