Saturday, March 7, 2020

Parked And Forgotten


Day 146: "I forgot where I parked the car!" It's been years since I discovered this less-than-mint-condition vehicle alongside a short nature trail near Mossyrock Dam. I'm no expert on Things Automotive, but my best guess would be that it was a farm truck. There isn't enough left of the rear portion to hazard a further identification, nor are their any clues as to its make, although "Ford" would probably be a safe bet. The wooden wheel spokes make it particularly intriguing in the fact that they have endured the ravages of time equally well, possibly better than the metal itself. That said, the Pacific Northwest jungle will eventually reclaim it entirely, to be overgrown with moss, lichen and berry bushes until its molecules are the only remnants of its history, its story as silent as its erstwhile horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment