Friday, May 1, 2020

The Loud McLeod


Day 201: I finished twisting the fringe on the loud McLeod shawl yesterday morning, completing what was one of the fastest weaving projects I've ever done. As I was nearing the end of the work at the loom, a friend said, "Whoa! Slow down!" so I took a day off to pull weeds in the garden and catch up on a few other outdoor tasks. Even so, it was only five days from measuring warp to ready-to-wear, and then I found myself again looking at a naked loom. My stock of fibers is by no means low, but not necessarily in colours or quantities which work together. Dithering over a new project, I went for a walk to clear my head and by the time I'd covered a mile, I'd solved the problem. Now exactly what the new project is, I can't say because it's destined to be gifted come Christmas. That said, the table loom is also empty. I think I need to take another "planning" walk, but not in my McLeod shawl. It'd hold up traffic for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment