Sunday, June 7, 2020

Fiber Frolics


Day 238: Despite the fact that I don't feel as if I'm spending any more time at fiber arts than usual, a mound of completed projects is growing almost daily. Admittedly, my attention span is quite short these days: ten minutes at the loom, a row or two of crochet, half a dozen rolags spun into yarn, two or three threads put into Mousie's quilt pushing the limits of my focus, but as they say, "a little of this, a little of that" adds up. Some unrelated crafts are interdependent, e.g, in order to spin more single-strand white wool for plying, I have to wind plied wool onto the warping board to free up spindles. To do so means that I have to remove the measured warp for my next weaving project from the warping board, and I can't do that until I get the current project off the floor loom. Perhaps this is why we speak of "web" in so many fiber arts. My studio space (crafts room, living room and to some extent kitchen) would make Arachne proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment