Sunday, June 21, 2020

Tail Project Completed


Day 252: The Tail Project is done, its fringes all tied! Made largely with loom waste from my floor loom, this throw would make my grandmother proud of me for maximizing the materials available. It was an exercise in design to find the proper balance between colours and the "tail count" in my scrap bags, but I am quite pleased with the way it turned out. A scarf using the same colours in different proportions is now in progress on my small rigid heddle loom. The tail census has been substantially reduced, but not eliminated entirely. I see more scarves in the near future. If the pandemic has an "up" side, it is that it is forcing me to use the materials in my stash, many of which have been waiting their turn for several years, and I am now coming to the point where selecting a "main colour" is almost impossible. What I have remaining is small balls and hanks, fifty yards here, ten there, and while I could crochet them into an afghan or use them in Fair Isle knits, it's much more fun to engineer order out of chaos in a well-balanced project for the loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment