Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Curtains

Day 282: First of all, I would like to thank Patty, sister-of-the-heart, for doing things with this image my photo processing software couldn't match. The picture was taken through my dirty kitchen window because I knew that if I opened it, one of the residents would pop out through the door. Second, even before I ordered Bernd Heinrich's new book "White Feathers: The Nesting Lives of Tree Swallows," I had observed Tachycineta bicolor's preference for them. I assume the contrast helps parents find their young inside the nest. Third...well, I believe my renters are returnees from earlier this year and perhaps even from past years, and it would seem that they decided to spruce up the place by adding lace curtains. It's nice to have tenants who care about the appearance of the neighbourhood (something I can't say about either of the humans who live near me). Even though the decorating job was only temporary, it was a bright spot in my day. In other news, I am equally amused and annoyed by the three baby ravens, blue eyes and pink gapes still evident, who are trying...quite noisily...to de-moss the roof on the north side of my house. I can't be angry at them. They're kids, and as readers have heard me say time and again, "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, as cute as baby birds."

No comments:

Post a Comment