Monday, July 27, 2020

Pussy-foots



Day 288: Oh, my sweet Tippy! You put up with anything your mama does to you, don't you? When a friend posted a photo of cat-paw chair-leg covers yesterday morning, I knew I had to make some. I found instructions on YouTube and within a very short time, had a pair which were much too small and round to fit on the square legs of any of my old-fashioned wooden chairs. I put them on my fingers and poked Tippy, but he just sniffed them and dismissed them as uninteresting. No "cats vs. cucumbers" here. He's pretty imperturbable. So, there I was, two detached cat paws in my hands and nowhere to put them. Then I remembered "Cats in Hats," an earlier crochet project which Tippy endured with remarkable patience. Could I talk him into wearing them like socks? Pussy-foots mittens! It took a little manipulation to keep his claws from catching in the yarn, but they fit, although when he tried to walk in them, they fell off. Maybe I should add garters.

No comments:

Post a Comment