Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Double-Faced Tablet Weaving


Day 92: This is a quick catch-up post because I was without power for most of yesterday and was still without phone or internet at bedtime. An inveterate morning person, I nevertheless got up at 5 AM to a totally dark house, then sat in the illumination of my "pocket light switch" (a gift from a dear friend, it is a toggled LED about 3" square) trying to work sudoku until I had enough daylight to weave. After several dozen attempts, I managed to get the propane fireplace to stay lit. Since the weather was not particularly cold, it kept the living room temperature just warm enough that I didn't need to bundle up in a quilt. Working in dim light makes me appreciate the fine work done by people before electricity was available. At any rate, once the sky had brightened (a term I use loosely to describe a lighter shade of gloom), I was able to follow my draft for a double-faced tablet-woven band. The clours reverse on opposite sides of the weaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment