Friday, January 1, 2021

Fiber Manipulation 2021


Day 80: If I was asked to write "How I Spent 2020," the largest chapter (indeed, perhaps 85 percent of the essay) would be on fiber arts. I see nothing to indicate that 2021 will follow a different course. I'm already off to a grand start with one towel finished since Christmas and another well on the way (a project done on my big loom, right), and besides having knitting projects on needles and on the rake, cardweaving (above, left) plus a piece of sprang, a quilt, spinning, kumihimo using yarn and a crocheted tablecloth all going presently, I am anxious to get started on a hand-manipulated piece for rigid heddle and am just waiting for the supplies to arrive. I have my maternal grandmother to thank for initiating me into many of the ways one can create textiles, and for instilling in me the patience to see such long-term projects through to completion. Admittedly, I'd have preferred to spend more time outdoors, but on the same hand, I am enjoying my adventures with strings of all sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment