Sunday, January 24, 2021

Honeycomb And Flowers


Day 103: The Hexagon quilt was a joy to assemble and now that I'm well into the hand quilting of it, I have yet another reason to add it to my favourite patterns. It is proving to be much quicker to stitch than I'd anticipated, and I am roughly a quarter of the way done with it already. The measure of a quilter's skill can be better appreciated when the back side is presented to view. It is there that the design is shown to best advantage, as well as the regularity of the stitching. In this instance, I am only putting "daisies" in the gold center of each motif; the surrounding prints and white pieces are shadow-quilted, following the seams of the hexagons. On the back, the "beehive effect" is showcased by the cells, some of which contain precious "pollen" in the character of the flowers. I'm debating whether or not to add one strategically-placed bee just to see if the intended recipients notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment