Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Symbolism

Day 99: I am too emotionally exhausted from the stresses of the last year or, to be more precise, the last four to be able to put into words what I am feeling today. I will let this simple photo speak for me, its promise of a brighter, better future apparent in the fresh, hopeful shoots of daffodils, stalwartly undeterred by poor soil and the rocks and bits of broken glass which invariably rise to the surface on the heels of each dark winter. Yet on a personal note, I feel the need to remain a bulb for a while longer before poking my head through the ground, time to husband my reserves, to recover from the expenditure of energies demanded by the struggle to stay alive. Perhaps I'll find the strength to bloom come summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment