Saturday, January 16, 2021

Tablet-Woven Bands


Day 95: Afflicted with both panic syndrome and PTSD, my nerves are torn ragged at present, so I've resorted to doing short-term projects for the time being because I can't sit still more than two or three minutes at a stretch. Tablet-weaving is easy to leave off and pick up again as long as you remember which row you're on, so I've been playing with different techniques and learning something along the way without having to devote too much mental energy to the endeavour. That said, once life has returned to some semblance of normalcy (assuming, of course, that that will occur), I recently found instructions for incorporating a tablet-woven strip into a loom-woven piece as part of the weaving process as opposed to stitching it in, and am looking forward to giving the method a try. It's likely to take more focus than I can muster presently, though. And, believe it or not, I do have a plan for these bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment