Monday, March 8, 2021

Pick A Little Bouclé


Day 146: Having almost fully recovered from my dalliance with mRNA, I am ready to resume my weaving projects. For this set of towels, I picked a little bouclé in springtime yellow and paired it with 8/2 lime green in both warp and weft to make a check pattern. The bouclé provides a challenge as it likes to hold hands with itself as warp, so rather than weaving with it on the floor loom, I've assigned it to duty on the rigid heddle. It's my first experiment with this particular thread and so far, I'm pleased with the results. I'm sure it will "full" nicely once it's washed without losing the bouclé texture. In all honesty, I was reluctant to use it as warp on the floor loom due to issues with getting it to pass through the heddles without binding up. The eyes in the rigid-heddle reed are larger and perhaps more importantly, they are made of a plastic which provides a smoother "glide" for a textured fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment