Tuesday, May 25, 2021

A Proper Cup Of Tea


Day 224: "All I want is a cup of tea. A cup of tea would restore my normality," said Arthur Dent. "Is there any tea on this spaceship?" Poor Arthur. I think most of us can sympathize with him on some level, especially after the last year. But as our hapless hero is about to discover, normality is probably going to remain out of reach for some time. We can be grateful that no one is reciting Vogon poetry to us now (four years of that was more than enough for one lifetime), but we should expect "normal" to restructure itself rather radically, perhaps to include two-headed beings from Betelgeuse, paranoid androids and strange small men obsessed with fiords. Fortunately and unlike Arthur, we still have tea, although sometimes I think I'd prefer a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster to keep me from deciding to go quite, quite mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment