Saturday, May 22, 2021

Adenium Joyful


Day 221: A little behind my other two Adeniums, this cultivar is aptly named "Joyful," and before anybody says anything about PINK, my decision to purchase this one several years ago was budget-based. The fancier colours are well out of my price range, and although I'd love to own "Golden Carrot" (orange) or "Good Night" (deep purple-black), it's not going to happen until one of my friends wins the lottery and gifts me with a substantial bit of pocket change. For the joy I can take when Joyful and the others flower, I will accept pink with good grace, glad to have such cheery friends to brighten my kitchen windowsill when the mood strikes them. Plum Beauty is also in bloom currently, with blossoms at the tips of both its stems. For most of the rest of the year, I'll be caring for tall sticks with a few leaves at the tops, but that is also something I can live with, given the eventual reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment