Tuesday, May 4, 2021

It's Mango Time!


Day 203: One of my fiber suppliers always includes appropriate product samples with each shipment. When I placed an order for several bags of Corriedale roving recently, he threw in 10 grams (plus or minus) of a merino/silk combination in a colorway called "mango." It's been sitting on top of the harpsichord while I finished up a large bag of raw "cafe-au-lait" fleece, waiting for its test drive. While I am never likely to purchase or even use luxury fibers, I thought it would be interesting to spin it up at lace weight and double-ply it. What you see on the bobbin here is exactly half of the sample which, when doubled, isn't going to be enough to do anything with unless I use it to add a single row of "fuzzy" to the cast-on row of a hat. Next up, I'll be spinning a more practical alpaca/Romney blend in dark steel grey. I won't commit to spinning it at a lace weight until I've actually got it on the wheel, but that's what I hope to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment