Monday, July 26, 2021

Scrappy Constellation


Day 286: The Scrappy Stars have been assembled as a full constellation! This quilt top grew beyond my original intentions when I decided to put "streets and alleys" between the blocks. Originally planned as a lap quilt, it will now measure 84" x 66" when finished. Although construction took far less time than any other quilt I've sewn, it was not as easy to piece as it might appear. Still, it is a design I may use again since it went together so quickly. The next phase, of course, is to do the actual hand-quilting which binds the backing and batting to the top, and at the very least, that will take 6-12 months. I still have a little work to do on the Hexagons and am debating whether I want to jump right into the Scrappy Stars or move the quilting frame out of my living room for a while. It's occupied a major portion of my floor space since 2017! The Constellation already has its destiny laid out: a surprise for another friend who has no idea it's headed her way. This is my way. For me, the enjoyment is in the making, not in the having.

No comments:

Post a Comment