Thursday, August 26, 2021

Snap Shots


Day 317: I've planted an assortment of annuals in my flower beds over the years, and as most of us are wont to do, I've unintentionally allowed them to re-seed themselves, ensuring a succession of "volunteers." Some have proved to be bothersome. It took me several years to eliminate the last of the Lobelia, a plant which is fine massed in hanging baskets, but rather annoying when it pops up elsewhere. Likewise, marigolds are nice along a border, but have a tendency to turn up where you least want them to be. Snapdragons are another story. Who doesn't love snaps? I would prefer the low types to the tall ones, but that lanky, lemony one in the middle makes such a bright and cheerful addition that I've given it permission to seed to its heart's content in a spot where nothing else seems to want to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment