Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The Hearts Of The Forest


Day 309: My heart is in the forest, and if you should doubt that, here is proof in multiple. I had stopped to photograph the guttation droplets being exuded by the fungus as it rid itself of excess moisture following a showery night, but as I viewed the scene through the lens, I noticed that it was heart-shaped. It took a while longer before the Oxalis leaves registered as trios of hearts, I suppose because I'm not one of those people who can readily see galloping horses, elephants or letters of the alphabet in clouds. Only recently as I've pursued watercolour painting have I learned to mute the analytical portion of my brain to let its artistic side express itself. It's not that I lack imagination. It's that I prefer to quantify things with the measurements and details which hopefully will lead me to a Latin name. For now, though, I will choose to interpret these hearts in the forest as a gift, a token of love from Mother Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment