Thursday, September 30, 2021

Binding

Day 352: Several things got in the way between completing the hand-quilting of the Hexagons and this moment, not the least of which was 3/4 bushel of apples which needed to be processed into winter nibblies. I canned 8 pints of chunks, three pints of spiced sauce, and filled a one-gallon container with dehydrated slices. The kitchen smells wonderful, but enough with the apples already! It's time to bind the quilt!

I have to admit to a certain degree of laziness here. I piece by machine, and I also apply the front side of the binding by machine. Once turned, I will stitch it down by hand on the back. Then all I have to do is attach a "Made with love by Crow 2021" label, and the hexagon quilt will be ready to deliver to my botany partners Joe and Sharon, just in time for those chilly autumn and winter nights. There are wildflower dreams in these fabrics, and paths of friendship wend through the miles of stitches. Mountain and meadow, the memories are here in this cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment