Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Chicken If You Don't


Day 77: This one is for my botany partner Joe, a tradition we established to acknowledge any relatively substantial snowfall in western Washington: the (ideally) annual Snow Angel Contest. Now it must be said that I've been a lot colder for a lot longer than the few seconds it took to make this photo. After all, I was an alpinist in my younger years. Nevertheless, at 24 degrees, I wasn't going to make repeated tries for the best possible image. You get what you get, okay? I didn't sink in nearly as far as I'd expected to because the bottom layer has compacted after several days of being on the ground. My imprint only goes as deep as the overnight and early morning accumulation on top of a 12-16 inch base of almost-ice. We're to get quite a bit more white stuff on Thursday, so I'm asking you: are you up for the challenge? You're chicken if you don't! And don't make me up my game!

No comments:

Post a Comment