Thursday, December 23, 2021

Rollin' Right Along


Day 71: Compared to an inkle loom which can only be warped to the length governed by its pegs, the "bonker loom" (Swedish band loom) can hold a much longer warp. The maximum length I can weave on my inkle is roughly nine yards. Here, I have almost fifteen yards of completed band on the cloth beam of the bonker. It would easily hold double or even triple that amount, were I possessed of masochistic tendencies. Admittedly, weaving on the bonker is much faster than weaving on an inkle loom. I only started this piece shortly before Thanksgiving and will be taking it off some time in the next few days. That said, weaving the same pattern gets old, and unless I have a pressing need for an unbroken length of decorative band, I think I'll stick to shorter projects from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment