Saturday, January 15, 2022

A Foot And A Half


Day 94: "The world needs more silly." Friends often hear me say that, so here's a fit of the sillies, Crow-style. A friend gave me some utterly delightful merino/nylon "washable-wool" fingering yarn for Christmas which I immediately assigned to become a new pair of socks. I started the first one about a week ago using the wrong pattern and didn't realize it until I had the cuff done. I ripped it out and started over with 12 additional stitches. By the end of the day, I had a new cuff. Socks are fairly quick and fun, so I've split the work into daily goals: cuff, heel and gusset, foot and toe, i.e., three days per sock. As you can tell, I have a foot and a half done (actually, a foot and two-thirds, but for the sake of preserving the visual pun, we'll leave it at this).

No comments:

Post a Comment