Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Dreamy And Creamy


Day 90: What with the holidays and all, it slipped my mind entirely that I had two spindles of Blue-Faced Leicester handspun waiting to be wet down to set the twist. I realized it only when I began spinning some dyed Corriedale and discovered that I only had three empty. I only have five to my name, which ensures that I won't get too far ahead of myself on single-ply, although sometimes I really wish I had a sixth one. Unfortunately, the model which fits my wheel hasn't been available for decades. In any event, because I will also be plying the Corriedale (I always ply my yarns), I needed to free up the spindles. For the last three days, I've had sheep in my shower. Now you might notice that this is a fairly fine yarn. In fact, it is a fingering weight at 87 yards/oz., and should be knit up on #2 needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment