Thursday, January 13, 2022

Good As Their Word


Day 92: Our little rural power company is as good as their word. They promised that they would be sending out crews to perform "more aggressive limbing" to help prevent future power outages this winter, and I was both happy and sad to see them working across the road this morning. While I appreciate their attempts to keep my electricity running, the birdies are not happy about losing the branches from which they can observe the feeders and my activity. That said, the "Crow Tree" has recently become a haven for Red-Winged Blackbirds, a species I consider almost as bad a pest as Starlings.Unhomed from their observation posts, the Blackbirds descended on the feeders as soon as the limbing crew left. I dispatched them with a loud clap of my hands, and watched them do a group double-take when they discovered their perches were missing. In the final telling, if I have power and a few less Blackbirds, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment