Monday, January 3, 2022

Slime Molds On OPB


Day 82: Roughly a year and a half ago, I was approached through the Park by a a filmographer from Oregon Public Broadcasting who wanted to know if I would be interested in helping him create a documentary on slime molds. Of course I said yes, but covid threw a monkey wrench in the works and it wasn't until May this last year that we were able to start planning for a field trip. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to find any. They aren't exactly predictable. As it turned out, the date the film crew picked couldn't have been better. We found at least six species, and they were pleased with the material they'd gathered for the documentary. They told me then that it probably wouldn't air until after the first of the year, possibly not until spring. Well, the video was released today. You can watch it on their channel on You Tube: Slime Molds Are Gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment