Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Saturday


Day 119: This is Saturday, the one and only Tillandsia I have been able to keep alive longer than a month. Saturday has been with me five years now, and when I look at the photo I took of him when he was only a year old, I am surprised by how much he has grown. If you'd asked for a guess, I'd have said he looked almost identical to the plant I brought home from the nursery in 2017, but in fact, he has doubled in size (not that he'll ever outgrow his dish). He's much bushier now, if not much taller, and although he's not particularly impressive or showy, he brings me great joy simply by having stayed alive. The key to this horticultural success is in his nickname: every Saturday, he gets a light spray of plain water before being returned to the indirect light of a west window. The window receives little afternoon sun, blocked as it is by tall evergreens from 2 PM onward. I thought it was time this little stalwart received his due as a feature on my blog. Thanks for being there, Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment