Tuesday, March 22, 2022

First Day Of Skunk Cabbage Hike


Day 160: I was very concerned that the First Day of Skunk Cabbage was going to slip by without formal observation, but I managed to get out on the South Swofford Trail today to visit my favourite bog. It was wetter than it's been in the last several years, so I kept to dry ground rather than changing into muck boots, and then I continued on to the very end of the trail where I found another Skunk Cabbage bog almost equally as nice. However, once again, the ground was very soupy and I didn't quite reach the bog before deciding I'd better quit while I was ahead. I managed to stay upright for the entire hike which, if memory serves, is something of a record for my early-spring forays into the bogs. Happy First Day of Skunk Cabbage!

No comments:

Post a Comment