Sunday, March 6, 2022

Yeti Socks


Day 144: Okay, I admit it: I'm a cheapskate. It's my Scots ancestry coming out. When I knit, I tend to knit serviceable items as opposed to dressy or "fun" ones, and the yarns I use are also of a rather plain and purely functional nature. However, when a skein of novelty yarn comes my way, I like to use it to best advantage. Such was the case here. Kevin's wife purchased the recommended amount of Caron Latte Cakes for her project and wound up with a full skein left over. Since companies like Caron frequently produce unique yarns intending only a short-term run, she couldn't get more because the yarn was no longer being made. She passed it along to me, and after some careful counting, measuring and planning, I determined that I could get a matching pair of fuzzy socks out of a cake which only held two and a half repeats of the colour sequence. I'll use the remainder for cuffs on mittens or a hat. The saddest part of this story is that I really like the yarn! Too bad it's discontinued. I call these my "Yeti socks."

No comments:

Post a Comment