Monday, April 11, 2022

Sunny Beaches


Day 180: Last Monday, I woke up to an inch of snow in my yard. I commented to friends that it was rare to get more than a dusting in April and, true to form, it had melted off by mid-afternoon. This morning, I have four inches, which must surely be a record. That said, only a week has elapsed, and in the middle, we had Thursday when the thermometer peaked at 80 degrees. It's no wonder this little Junco is trying to find a safe space under the eaves! I thought he was pretty clever to take up a position on the roof of the House of Chirp after discovering that he didn't quite fit on the top of the garage door frame. Alternately, he shelters on the clothesline under my back-porch awning, another spot from which he can keep watch on the feeders or dart out for a quick lunch. I share his sentiments. I'm in a heavy sweater and wooly socks, and when I looked out over the winter-scape shortly before dawn, I too remarked on the sunny beach...or something like that, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment