Saturday, May 14, 2022

Global Big Day


Day 213: You don't need to travel to have a Big Day! It's only 7:30 AM and already I've counted 16 species in my yard. The weather is abominable (another reason for enjoying a Big Day from the comfort of my home). I doubt I'll see anything rare from my perch in the living room or from my back porch, but I can still enjoy a Big Day. So far, my biggest thrill was that the Red-Breasted Nuthatch showed up for breakfast, and I've ticked off both our local chickadees. Some of the more common birds have yet to put in an appearance. The Rufous Hummingbirds arrived with the dismal dawn, but the Anna's hummers (male, above) aren't out of bed yet. I'm getting as many photos as I can. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some serious birding to do, and I'll post the results tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment