Monday, August 22, 2022

Fitch And Bella


Day 313: Fitch and Bella. It sounds like something they might call a TV series featuring a high-profile law firm, but in fact, they are my two favourite Hoyas. Both are prolific bloomers which follow an intermittent schedule, coming into flower roughly every six weeks throughout spring, summer and autumn. Fitchii (the salmon coloured one, "Fitch" for short) is also quite fragrant. In fact, if I haven't noticed the flower spurs developing buds, I am sometimes alerted by the scent. Bella, on the other hand, doesn't form the spurs typical of many Hoya species, but sends out clusters from the leaf axils. Her flowers have a barely noticeable perfume. That said, their flower formation doesn't often coincide as it's done this week. Now if I could just convince any of my other five species to bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment