Sunday, August 7, 2022

Kittygons Coming Together


Day 298: Although I'm still 100 shy of having cut all the lime green background pieces, I've begun assembling the kittygons after spending most of an hour yesterday with all of them laid out on the floor. My goal was to have no two identical small hexagons in proximity to one another, no two prints appearing in the same position near each other, and to prevent "clumping" of the same print, i.e., to place them in a fairly even distribution throughout the quilt. That was a pretty tall order, and I'm not sure I filled it to the letter, but that's what scrap quilts are about: randomness. One cannot achieve randomness by making it conform to rules because enforced randomness is not truly random by its very definition. I'm sure some day when I'm curled up under the Kittygons during a power outage, I'll find order somewhere in the chaos. I will undoubtedly cuss a vividly blue streak before I laugh and say to myself, "How on earth did I miss that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment