Tuesday, September 13, 2022

DWR - Two Of Five


Day 335: It came as something of a surprise when I went to attach a completed block to the second row of the Double Wedding Rng (DWR) quilt and saw that it was #4 in the string rather than #3. "Oh!" I said. "I'm done with the row!" DWR is progressing much faster than I'd anticipated, and also with fewer issues than one might expect. I had honestly thought that attaching the second row to the first would be problematic since I had had to make a few adjustments to the first two blocks of Row 1, but all the meets lined up without having to ease the fabrics and except for one short area of wobbly seaming where the sewing machine had difficulty with bulk, I didn't need to pick and re-sew. Now you can see how the rings tie into one another. Four rings wide, the finished quilt will be five rings long. I really need a better way to hang my quilts for their portraits than on shrubbery or across my garage door!

No comments:

Post a Comment