Thursday, September 15, 2022

Scrubby Showed Up


Day 337: Just this morning, my botany partner posted a picture of a California Scrub-jay in his yard 90 miles north of me. "Oh, that's where he is!" I said. "I haven't had one here this year." And look who showed up shortly after I got home from a grocery run: Scrubby himself. When I first saw him, he was sitting on the suet feeder directly outside my east living room window. The only camera I had within reach was my little Sony point-and-shoot, and it simply wasn't up to the task. As soon as I moved, Scrubby took off. No matter where I've seen him, he's always been a difficult subject to photograph. But he was interested in that suet, and the window badly needed washing anyway, both inside and out. That's done, and I've seen him in the Sitka Mountain-ash twice in the last fifteen minutes, but he's still proving to be elusive to the lens. I'm hoping for a better picture.

Update: thirty seconds later, I got my shot. We'll talk more about California Scrub-jays tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment