Saturday, October 15, 2022

Post-Wash Waffles


Day 2: As expected, the waffle-weave towels fulled up beautifully when washed, and the characteristic recesses developed. The shrinkage was a bit more than I'd expected with the final measurements coming out at 21" x 11.5". Had I sett the warp at 15 epi instead of 12, they would have come closer to 12" wide after washing, but perhaps wouldn't have felt quite as soft and fluffy. Shortly, I'll be moving on to another waffle project, a layette-sized baby blanket destined for auction at the Nisqually Land Trust's annual fund-raiser. Handwoven items and quilts are always popular with bidders. 100% of the winning bid goes to the Land Trust. If I can't be out there pulling invasives and clearing brush these days, at least I can weave and sew to benefit their conservation efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment