Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Avalanche!


Day 41: For the most part, my Christmas cacti tend to bloom first on one side and then on the other due to the fact that I seldom rotate them on their shelf. I must have shifted this one a few times during the summer because it came on with a veritable avalanche of snow-white blossoms. It's one of my older plants. I keep all of them pruned back to save space so that they can all fit in the one small south-facing window available for horticulture. The Loom Room tends to be the coolest spot in the house during the winter despite its exposure, and the cooler nighttime temperatures help keep the blooms true to colour. If the plants are kept too warm, they may take on a pinkish cast. That said, my toes all too often develop a bluish tinge when I'm weaving in the wintertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment